We went down to Casper to a family event, which was really quite fun. His family seems nice and much more welcoming than mine. Some highlights from the trip:
- Nick dancing to Lady Gaga.
- I thought I was going out the door to the outside and instead ended up in the men’s room at the VFW. Ooops.
- I heard Nick’s mom say “Do you like garage snails? I had no idea how to respond.
- Nick went through checkout alone at a Kmart with skinny jeans and yellow teenage girls underwear with black skulls.
- We stopped at Hell’s Half Acre on the way back which is where Starship Troopers was filmed. So I’m almost famous. I should brush my hair in case someone notices.
- I found that sleeping on top of Nick was much better than sleeping on a deflated air mattress.
- I got home to find that Alex had been very busy.
But there really was no talking to him until he calmed down.